Sunday, April 8, 2012

nested

We are ready to meet this baby! Rex and Lennon will share a room, the nursery is all set up, car seat in the MINI-VAN (yes, automatic sliding doors!) and hospital bags packed. Rex and Lennon talk about Fossil being born soon, Fossil coming out of Mommy. All very sweet, anticipatory talk around the house!



The quilts in Rex and Lennon's room were hand sewn by my Great-Grandmother, Ora Troxel. The one on Lennon's crib was my baby quilt. The one on Rex's bed was a high school graduation gift to my father.






The night light is a scene of Little Red Riding Hood. Lennon had it in her nursery. It was in my room as a little girl and was a gift to my grandmother when my mother was born. I remember being so scared of that wolf and that lamp as a little girl!

Rex was a very disgruntled photographer, the battery in his camera died during our photo shoot.

Black and white abstract art by Rex next to hand printed curtains by Stephanie.
















There are many handmade elements in all the kids rooms, love. I made pillow cases for the kids, the curtains and mobil in the nursery. There's some art hanging by the kids and myself in the rooms. Family heirlooms add a sweet touch. Love the duck and lamb Hatch Show prints on loan from longtime friend, Jilah Kalil. And lots and lots of color!

3 comments:

HEAB said...

Stephanie,
I love all the history of the room and all the personal touches. That Little Red Riding Hood lamp is amazing - and so cool it's been in your family for three generations now. Can't wait to meet Fossil. :)

Anonymous said...

The lamp is close to my heart too, it used to be in my room as a little girl, the granny glasses on the wolf were lost and I made new ones with the orthodontic wire and plyers from my lab for Stephy. How sweet it is that now it lights my grandchildren's room! Love,
Nana

Anonymous said...

I am also so glad to see the quilts that Mom Mom made, she was such an amazing womam and she managed to make quilts for everyone. How wonderful to see all the love she put into her stitching adorning the great grandbabies' room. Again, love,
Nana